Our client, a dynamic financial management solutions company made up of a team of dedicated professionals are looking for a Senior SQL & Data Engineer to join their Durban team. The team are deeply involved in creating and implementing cost transparency solutions at large global financial, insurance and retail institutions
The primary objective of this position will be to produce and implement functional software solutions. They require candidate with ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software developer skills. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
• +3 years solid experience with T-sql, database admin, query & proc optimization and tuning and SQL profiling, security monitoring.
• Excellent knowledge in SSIS, SSRS and Data Warehousing using the Kimble methodology
• Excellent knowledge in developing SSAS cubes in SQL Server. AAS experience preferable.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Proven Knowledge of MDX, PowerShell, tracing of stored procedures
• Strong Knowledge of SQL Server. Azure SQL preferable.
• Excellent knowledge of SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers
• Azure Dataflows, Databricks knowledge beneficial, but not required
If you would like to apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.